Receptionist (Part-Time, 4:30 PM – 8:00 PM)
The Life You Change May Be Your Own! Apply Today!
We’re looking for administrative professionals who have a very special quality—the desire to care for patients and families during their time of need. If you’re compassionate, customer service oriented and have critical thinking skills, Hospice & Palliative Care of Northeastern Illinois invites you to join our team. We enhance life by providing dignified and compassionate care and guidance coping with the loss and end-of-life.
Summary of Position Responsibility: The Receptionist is the first line of contact for all calls and visitors to Hospice of Northeastern Illinois. The receptionist consistently articulates the agency and foundation competencies and values. This position is accountable for general office clerical duties. These duties include answering all incoming calls and transferring them to the appropriate person or department in a timely and professional manner, greeting and directing visitors to the agency, performing projects on the computer in Word, Power Point, Excel, and ACT, preparing outgoing mail and overnight parcels, and any other assignments deemed appropriate.
***This is a part-time position, Monday-Friday: 4:30 PM – 8:00 PM***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (please list no more than eight and include percentage of time):
- Answers and transfers all incoming phone calls.
- Date stamps and distributes all mail to the appropriate mailboxes.
- Welcomes and directs all visitors to the agency.
- Maintains the conference room calendars.
- Compiles all absences and communicates these to the agency via e-mail.
- Maintains and updates the agency phone list.
- Ensures security of the office by ensuring that everyone entering the facility signs in, and locking and unlocking the front door daily.
- Performs clerical duties in assistance of the marketing department and other departments, as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned or required for the performance of this position.
Education & Formal Training Required:
-High School graduate or equivalent required.
Job Experience Required:
-At least 3 years of experience in general office work, preferred.
Specialized Competencies (Skills, Abilities, and Behaviors) Required:
-Computer skills (Word, Excel, Access database, e-mail), voice mail
-Communication skills verbal and written
-Ability to successfully interact with staff, patients, families, volunteers, board members and the
-Experience using multi-line phone system
-Ability to multi-task
-General knowledge of hospice
*Spanish-speaking a plus!